What happens on the first day?
On arrival, please speak to a member of staff at our Registration desk. You will be asked to fill in a form and will have the chance to ask any questions.
Do I have to pay for the full term?
Your child’s very first session is only £4. If your child enjoys their first class, fees for the remaining of the term must be paid in full before your child’s second session.
What are your term dates?
For the 2018–2019 academic year our term dates are:
15th September – 15th December (12 weeks)
20th and 27th October (HALF TERM BREAK)
When are your sessions?
Our Spanish club sessions take place on Saturdays and Thursdays during term times,
Where do you run your Spanish club?
Our Spanish club sessions take place at Eltham Green Community Church, Eltham, SE9 6DH.Entrance through Fresh Ground Coffee House on Haimo Road
Are there any public transport to Eltham Green Community Church?
Eltham Station is a twenty minute walk to Eltham Green Community Church. Buses that stop nearest to the church are: 321, B15, B16. Nearest DLR station is: Lewisham
The church is easily accessible from the Eltham, Greenwich, Lewisham, Blackheath, Woolwich, Bromley, Catford and Bexley areas.
How much do you charge?
For our Spanish club fees are:
First trial £4/ Free trails on specific dates, please follow us on facebook for dates
Sessions booked per term: £8 per session
Drop-in sessions: £10 per session and £9 for mini bebitos and chiquititos
What are your terms and conditions?
Terms and conditions for our Spanish club are as follows:
- Classes start and finish promptly on time
- We expect children to show respect for each other and staff at all times
- Fees are due before the first session of every term
- For drop-in pupils fees are due before the class starts
- Unfortunately, no refunds can be made for missed sessions
- We reserve the right to change fees/term dates and class times. However, we aim to keep changes to a minimal and inform as soon as possible
- For health and safety reasons, food is not allowed in our sessions
- Children are welcome to bring a bottle of water (no fizzy drinks or juice, please)
- Teaching might involve physical contact
- Copy of DBS Certificates are available upon request
- We do not accept the responsibility of any items lost or stolen, although anything we find will be placed in our Lost Property box at our Registration desk
- It is the parents/guardian’s responsibility to inform El Recreo of any medical conditions we need to be aware of
- For the safeguarding of other kids, parents are not allowed in the session itself, but a waiting area is available
Can parents take part during the sessions?
At least once a term, we plan and design sessions to include parents and siblings. We encourage parents to join in for these sessions. For any other session, parents are not permitted to take part due to child protection and health and safety concerns.
How will I know if my child is progressing?
Parents will receive reports on the kids progress at the end of Spring 1 and at the end of the academic year.
How do I get to your sessions in Eltham?
You can get to Eltham Green Community Church,
by car: From the M25 follow the A2 towards London. Turn off at Eltham, turn left we are just on the left hand side past the Co-op.
From the Blackwall Tunnel follow the A102 till it becomes the A2 and turn off at South Circular A205, turn right and we are on the left hand side past the Co-op.
From Eltham Station: We are a ten-minute walk from Eltham Train Station. Cross over the lights and walk down Sherard Road and turn right into Prince John Road. When you get to the small roundabout take the 3rd left and walk down Keynsham Road, at the next roundabout take the 3rd exit and go to the end of Lionel Road. Turn right and we are past the community centre on the right hand side.
From Kidbrooke Station: We are a fifteen-minute walk from Kidbrooke Train Station. Walk south-easton Park Terrace towards Tudway Rd. Continue onto Boyd Way. Turn right onto Birdbrook Rd.
Turn left onto Edgeworth Rd. Continue onto Pinnell Rd. Turn right onto S Circular Rd. Take the zebra crossing. We are on the left.
321: Eltham Hill/Middle Park Avenue and Eltham Hill/Westhorne Avenue are the stops closest to us
122: Haimo Road and Green Ways are the stops closest to us
160: Westhorne Avenue/Eltham Road and Middle Park Avenue/Westhorne Avenue are the stops closest to us